This page is current as of May 17, 2017.
Puddletown Reviews is not accepting requests for reviews at this time other than requests received from blog tour groups and others to whom permission has been given to send requests. Requests already accepted will be honored.
I am committed to fairness and honesty in my reviews. I do not receive compensation for reviews, other than the occasional free review copy from a publisher or author. A free book in no way affects my commitment to honesty in my reviews. If I love a book, you’ll know. If I don’t, you’ll know that too. Examples are here and here.
Under an FTC ruling in 2009, I am required to disclose when I am reviewing a book for a publisher or author. In the event I have been provided a free review copy, it will be noted at the end of my review with the proper language.
For Publishers and Authors
Please be aware that all books sent to me are considered for review, but I cannot guarantee a review for every title.
In addition to being published on this blog, reviews will be cross-posted on Amazon, Goodreads, my Facebook page, Twitter and Pinterest, unless you ask otherwise. If there are sites on which you would like the review posted, please advise.
Keep in mind that I am not a professional reviewer. I’m just an avid reader, writer and editor, who loves to help get the word out about good books.
If you would like to send a copy (or several) of your book for review or for a giveaway to my followers, please contact me via email at salice78(at)comcast(dot)net or click here to use my contact form. You will be contacted as soon as possible with shipping instructions if a print copy is being provided. I do review books by Indie authors and ebooks as well.
In your email, please include:
- Title and author of the book you would like reviewed
- Cover image to use in the review
- A short blurb about the book (think the jacket description)
- An excerpt from your book, no longer than a chapter
- Any links I might find helpful
- If you would be open to a giveaway, please let me know. Your response will not affect my response or review.
Some Things You Need to Know:
- I only give away books that I have read and reviewed, and rated at least 4 or 5 stars on retail sites.
- I do not ordinarily use a star system on Puddletown Reviews as I find a great disparity among the sites which do. If you have questions, please ask.
- I DO NOT review books in the order received. I read what I want to read when I want to read it. Otherwise, I would begin to feel like The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe trying to keep tabs on all those children. A specific review date will be considered. So please ask nicely and I’ll see what I can do.
- Books in the following genres ACCEPTED for review:
Contemporary Fiction/Literary Fiction
- Books in the following genres ARE NOT ACCEPTED for review:
Most Science Fiction
This policy is valid from 24 December 2014:
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Sherrey Meyer (salice78(at)comcast(dot)net) or use my contact form.
This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, I will and do accept and keep free books from authors and publishers in exchange for a fair and honest review.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third-party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to give opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely those of the blog owner. If I claim or seem to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my ability, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org.